now browsing by tag
For the next 2 weeks the children who come to me will be talking about Newbridge and the area in which the children live. We have been looking at photographs of buildings, shops and places in Newbridge: Whitewater, the playground, the cinema, Tesco, the pharmacy, the petrol station, the hairdressers and so on…. Please talk to your child about the places and buildings you see when on the way to school or at the weekend. We would love some more photos of Newbridge so please take photographs with your child and email to me at email@example.com. Photographs from all children and parents are welcome! We will post our photos of Newbridge on the website soon!
We have been learning about time, sequencing and seasons. Here are some tips to help your child with this theme at home:
- practise saying ‘Good morning’ and ‘Good Night’ each morning and night.
- talk about the differences between day and night.
- discuss the time of day – morning, afternoon, evening, night.
- use the words ‘first, then, next, after that, finally’ in conversation and when talking about past events – eg. when talking about your child’s day at school, birthday party etc.
- Practise the phrases ‘What time is is?’ and ‘It is … o’clock’
This week we are learning all about the season of Spring. Here are some ideas to help further your child’s learning at home:
- Chat to your child about Spring.
- Look at Spring flowers when walking together. Ask your child to name the flowers. (daffodils, snowdrops, tulips)
- Point out lambs if you see them on The Curragh.
- Look out for birds’ nests in the trees and listen to the birds singing.
- Talk about the weather.
- Look out for leaves, flowers and animals that are growing.