now browsing by tag
This week we are learning about food. In order to further your child’s learning at home, try some of the following:
- practise saying the words for foods and drinks around the home or in shops
- ask your child to name the foods he/she is eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Practise the following phrases:
I am eating….
I ate …..
I like ….
I don’t like …..
I am hungry/thirsty.
We have been learning about time, sequencing and seasons. Here are some tips to help your child with this theme at home:
- practise saying ‘Good morning’ and ‘Good Night’ each morning and night.
- talk about the differences between day and night.
- discuss the time of day – morning, afternoon, evening, night.
- use the words ‘first, then, next, after that, finally’ in conversation and when talking about past events – eg. when talking about your child’s day at school, birthday party etc.
- Practise the phrases ‘What time is is?’ and ‘It is … o’clock’
This week we are learning all about the season of Spring. Here are some ideas to help further your child’s learning at home:
- Chat to your child about Spring.
- Look at Spring flowers when walking together. Ask your child to name the flowers. (daffodils, snowdrops, tulips)
- Point out lambs if you see them on The Curragh.
- Look out for birds’ nests in the trees and listen to the birds singing.
- Talk about the weather.
- Look out for leaves, flowers and animals that are growing.