now browsing by tag
We have been learning about fairytales and retelling stories during the month of September. We retold the story of ‘The Three Little Pigs’ in groups of 3 with one person telling the beginning of the story, one person telling the middle and one person telling the end. We recorded the stories ourselves using ‘Sound Recorder’ on the school tablets. One person in each group was in charge of recording! We then got to listen to the stories and had lots of fun. This was part of our History lesson and also Oral Language.
This week we are learning all about the season of Spring. Here are some ideas to help further your child’s learning at home:
- Chat to your child about Spring.
- Look at Spring flowers when walking together. Ask your child to name the flowers. (daffodils, snowdrops, tulips)
- Point out lambs if you see them on The Curragh.
- Look out for birds’ nests in the trees and listen to the birds singing.
- Talk about the weather.
- Look out for leaves, flowers and animals that are growing.