now browsing by tag
We have been learning about fairytales and retelling stories during the month of September. We retold the story of ‘The Three Little Pigs’ in groups of 3 with one person telling the beginning of the story, one person telling the middle and one person telling the end. We recorded the stories ourselves using ‘Sound Recorder’ on the school tablets. One person in each group was in charge of recording! We then got to listen to the stories and had lots of fun. This was part of our History lesson and also Oral Language.
This week we are learning all about the season of Spring. Here are some ideas to help further your child’s learning at home:
- Chat to your child about Spring.
- Look at Spring flowers when walking together. Ask your child to name the flowers. (daffodils, snowdrops, tulips)
- Point out lambs if you see them on The Curragh.
- Look out for birds’ nests in the trees and listen to the birds singing.
- Talk about the weather.
- Look out for leaves, flowers and animals that are growing.
This week we will be learning about homes and everyday items around the home. To help your child with this theme, have a go at the following:
- Name the different rooms in the home.
- Talk about what is in each room and name the various items.
- Find a certain object in a room. eg. In the bathroom, ask your child to find the thing used to brush his/her teeth.
- Help your child to say his/her address. “I live in/at…..”
This page is for the children who come to me for extra support with English. We cover a range of topics over various themes and these topics change regularly. If you would like to give your child extra support at home, check this page regularly for updates on what we are doing in class.