now browsing by tag
This week’s theme: Time and Sequencing
We have been learning about time, sequencing and seasons. Here are some tips to help your child with this theme at home:
- practise saying ‘Good morning’ and ‘Good Night’ each morning and night.
- talk about the differences between day and night.
- discuss the time of day – morning, afternoon, evening, night.
- use the words ‘first, then, next, after that, finally’ in conversation and when talking about past events – eg. when talking about your child’s day at school, birthday party etc.
- Practise the phrases ‘What time is is?’ and ‘It is … o’clock’
This week’s theme: My Family
This week the children are learning all about families. They are learning the words to describe their family members.
To help at home you could:
Talk about your family together. Help your child to answer the following questions:
- How many people are in our family?
- How many brothers do you have?I have … brothers. / I don’t have any brothers.
- How many sisters do you have? I have … sisters. / I don’t have any sisters.
Talk about your child’s extended family – grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins.
Look at family photographs and name the different family members. eg. ‘He is my cousin.’ ‘She is my aunt.’
This week’s theme: ‘My Home’
This week we will be learning about homes and everyday items around the home. To help your child with this theme, have a go at the following:
- Name the different rooms in the home.
- Talk about what is in each room and name the various items.
- Find a certain object in a room. eg. In the bathroom, ask your child to find the thing used to brush his/her teeth.
- Help your child to say his/her address. “I live in/at…..”
The website is about how you and your family can enjoy learning together. It is designed to support parents with fun activities and tips according to their child’s age. And each age group has lots of ideas for helping children with talking, playing, reading, writing and using numbers.
List of websites for 4-11 year old students including games, activities and resources for teaches and parents.