now browsing by tag
active flag archive art Big Music Week board of management calendar ceili Christmas coding digital Doodle4google EAL easter english gaeilge games gymnastics home HSCL international inter schools la glas language learning english link links mathletics maths minutes Ms Elwood newsletters parents Parents Council practice project reading room 12 school news senior infants sites Spring Twitter weblink weblinks website
Posted by: Ms. Prendiville | Posted on: March 27, 2014
The children learned a Spring Poem where they had to decide on some of the lines, to follow the pattern from the 1st verse !
Ask them and see what you think!
Verse one is:
In my Spring garden by the apple tree
Daffodils are dancing, one,two,three.
Posted by: Ms. Elwood | Posted on: March 26, 2014
This week’s theme: Spring
This week we are learning all about the season of Spring. Here are some ideas to help further your child’s learning at home:
- Chat to your child about Spring.
- Look at Spring flowers when walking together. Ask your child to name the flowers. (daffodils, snowdrops, tulips)
- Point out lambs if you see them on The Curragh.
- Look out for birds’ nests in the trees and listen to the birds singing.
- Talk about the weather.
- Look out for leaves, flowers and animals that are growing.