Board of Management Vision for the next four yearsPosted by: Mr O'Reilly | Posted on: May 2, 2016
The new Board of Management met for a Saturday session to: become familiar with how the board is administered, how the finances work; and develop a vision for its work over the next four years.
- Confidentiality of discussions and agreed reports are recognized. Protection of the identity of persons and their views at board discussions will be adhered to.
- The question of Board as employer will be placed on an agenda.
- The question of patronage and the ethos will be will be discussed in the context of the school admissions bill
- The need to adopt specific strategies for relaying the information at the end of each meeting.
- Data Protection and pupil information will get priority consideration.
- Designation for the Chairperson to act in loco patron will be sought in writing in regard to the Autism Centre.
- A strategy for getting staff and BOM members to sign off on policies
- We will examine the The Children and Family Relationships Act 2015 and consider the implications of it and the various different arrangements that are expected examining family law.
- The wish list for expenditure will be considered.
- A strategy for further engagement of parents; staff and pupils in BOM work.
- Website contact number;
- Weather contingency – Shelters and cover for wet mornings.
- Development the yard facilities so that they are up to new school standard.